Try this delicious and super easy breakfast idea. Oats contain a soluble fiber called beta-glucan that helps to reduce bad LDL cholesterol, balance blood sugar and keep your digestive system on track.
Toasted Oat and Coconut Muesli
- 4 cup Rolled oats- Gluten Free
- 1 cup Coconut flakes, unsweetened
- 1 cup Almonds, toasted (chopped)
- 1 cup Cranberries, dried
- 1/4 cup Chia seeds, ground
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1 dash Pink Salt
- Place two racks in the center and upper third of the oven. Preheat the oven to 180C (350F).
- Place oats on an ungreased and unlined baking sheet. Place coconut on a second ungreased and unlined baking sheet.
- Toast oats and coconut until coconut is golden brown and fragrant, about 5 to 7 minutes. Coconut browns quickly, keep an eye on it. Remove both the oats and coconut from the oven and allow to cool.
- In a large bowl toss together oats, coconut, almonds, dried cranberries, ginger, chia seeds, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- To store, place in an airtight glass jar. Serve with your choice of milk and fresh or frozen berries.