Here are 4 super easy salad dressing recipes that make great alternatives to shop-bought ones which are often full of sugar, preservatives, artificial colorants, bulking agents, high amounts of salt, and artificial sweeteners. These are super easy, tasty and actually have some nutritional value!
Blueberry Lemon Dressing
- 1 cup Blueberries
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
- 1 whole lemon – Lemon peel (zest) (for a sweeter dressing use an orange)
- 1 whole lemon – Lemon juice (for a sweeter dressing use an orange)
- 3 tbsp Rice vinegar
- 1 tsp Maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp Pink Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper
- In a food processor combine ingredients until evenly mixed.
- Store in an airtight glass jar in the fridge
- 1/2 cup Lemon juice
- 1/3 cup Tahini
- 1/3 cup Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp Honey, raw
- 2 Cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1 pinch Pink Salt
- 1 dash Black pepper
- 1 tsp Hot sauce (optional)
- Put all ingredients to make the dressing in a jar. Screw on the lid and shake until well mixed.
- Pour dressing over salad just before serving.
- You can add a dash of filtered water if it’s too thick.
Spicy Avocado Dressing
- 2 Avocados
- 1 clove Garlic
- 1 dash Hot pepper (chili) flakes
- 2 tbsp Lime juice (fresh) (or lemon juice)
- 2 tsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup Water
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and process until smooth.
- Adjust the amount of liquid to obtain a nice creamy consistency.
Poppy Seed Dressing
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar,
- 1 cup olive oil (or avocado oil)
- 1/2 onion
- Sweet onion (small; roughly chopped)
- 1 tsp pink salt
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- 1tsp of raw honey
- Place all ingredients in the blender and whiz!
- Drizzle over salad and enjoy!
This feature contains affiliate links